Thing 9 and 10: Video

PROMTP 9:
What do you like or dislike about YouTube? Did you find videos that would be useful for teaching and learning? Is YouTube restricted in your building?

PROMPT 10: Add comments to the video you embedded. Why did you select it? Were you also able to download a video?

Yes, Youtube is blocked in my building.

What I like about YouTube is what I alike about the web in general, that is that it allows for anyone to be a content creator. What I dislike about it is what I alike about the web in general, that is that it allows for anyone to be a content creator.

There is a lot of freedom in YouTube and  Web Publishing in general and you have access to information from billions of sources. The challenge is finding the right information and making sure the information is right.

I think that Web 2.0 in the classroom's largest contribution to our students, both current and future, is that we teach them how to live in it, function in it and be safer in it. This is as important to us and our little charges as sewing, how to bake an exceptional bundt cake and build a birdhouse was to students in the fifties and sixties (me included).

I played with Zamzar.com. I first converted a movies from YouTube, then shot my own using a webcam and converted them both to flv (Flash) format using the site. Here they is my original for your entertainment.



Here is another, made using Xtranormal.com which is a text to video animation studio.

Comments